19 October at 6:30pm: Questions about Herbicides?
Margo Sheppard, long time environmental activist and freshwater advocate, will be in Hillsborough discussing developments in the movement to stop spraying herbicides in New Brunswick forests and on power lines, and will share her experiences and personal research into the issue.
Please join us on Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 6:30pm, Royal Canadian Legion, 31 Legion St., Hillsborough, NB for this free public presentation.
Please share with those you know will be interested.
Facebook event page here.
25 October, 7pm: A Future for our Forests
The New Brunswick's Crown Land Forestry Act has and will continues to have impacts on the environment, Climate Change, economic returns for private woodlot owners and local employment opportunities in the forestry sector.
We encourage woodlot owners and the public—as well as municipal officers—to attend this presentation to learn about the following important topics:
- Climate change and its impacts on NB Woodlots
- Opportunities using alternative harvesting practices
- Carbon Offsets: How can they benefit woodlot owners?
- Overview of where provincial and federal policy may be heading with carbon
- Current Provincial and State legislation on carbon tax/offsets
Facebook Event page here. Please share with those you think may be interested.