Submission Deadline: March 24, 2017
Event Date: April 20th, 2017
CALL FOR STORY-TELLERS, MUSICIANS & SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS – The Sustaina-Palooza Team and the Fundy Biosphere Reserve is seeking story-tellers, musicians and spoken word artists (slam-poets welcome!)
to participate in ‘Trails, Tales and Tunes’ - an evening of songs and stories inspired by the Biosphere.
cultural heritage and the pioneers of the past, present and future that contribute to a resilient region!
“Culture and heritage are sources of inspiration and courage. They give us a discipline and a freedom to fuel our passion and curiosity…”
The event will take place at Five Bridges Bar and Grill from 7-11 pm on April 20th.
- Trails, Tales and Tunes is hosted by the Fundy Biosphere Reserve and is strictly a volunteer event to celebrate the Amazing People and Places of the Upper Bay of Fundy area. (Honorariums will be provided for musicians/performers)
- Music Performances /Storytellers must not exceed 20 minutes in length.
- Spoken word artists must perform a poem of the poet’s own construction and have three minutes to read one poem.
- Musicians/performers are expected to participate in sound check/rehearsal and to ensure smooth transitions between performances.
- Programming announcements will be made on or about March 31st 2017.
- We encourage ‘kitchen party’ local favorites to submit!
To apply, please complete the online submission form which includes:
- Contact details
- link to your website, Facebook or YouTube channel or other samples of your work
- An artist bio
The deadline for submission is Friday, March 24, 2017 by 4:00pm.
Please note, only online submissions will be accepted. If you require assistance completing the online form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Creative Gros Morne for inspiring us with the original Trails Tails and Tunes Festival held annually in Norris Point NL every May.
Learn more about Sustaina-Palooza!