The flu shot is available at the Albert County Community Health Centre, the Albert County Pharmacy in Riverside-Albert, and other pharmacies and medical centres.
See the CAC calendar for the most current information. Just drop in; no appointment is necessary. If you miss those dates, you can get the flu shot later.
- People ≥65 years of age;
- Healthy children 6 months to 18 years of age;
- All pregnant women
- People with the following chronic health conditions:
• cardiac or pulmonary disorders (including bronchopulmonary dysplasia, cystic fibrosis and asthma);
• diabetes mellitus and other metabolic diseases;
• cancer, immune compromising conditions (due to underlying disease and/or therapy);
• renal disease;
• anemia or hemoglobinopathy; • neurologic or neurodevelopment conditions;
• morbid obesity (BMI≥40);
- People capable of transmitting influenza to those at high risk including:
• household contacts (adults and children) of individuals at high risk of influenza-related complications (whether or not the individual at high risk has been immunized); and
• household contacts of infants;
- and certain others (for the entire list, contact your flu shot provider).
The Bennett and Albert County Health Care (BACH) Foundation raises funds to support the services provided by the Albert County Health and Wellness Centre including equipment and staff education.