· visits with doctors, nurse practitioner, and/or nurses, x-rays,
· blood and specimen collection,
· Healthy Lifestyle, Smoking Cessation and Cardiac Rehabilitation programs
· Well Woman Clinics
· education for living with diabetes
· nutrition counselling
· 24-hour blood pressure monitor
· Holter (heart rate) monitor
Hillsborough: Lab services are available at the Hillsborough Medical Clinic, in collaboration with Dr. Josée Daigle-Sippley, Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30-11:30am.
The ACHWC Community Advisory Committee will work with the Health Centre and community partners to move forward with offering additional outreach services to the residents of Hillsborough and surrounding area.
The Albert County Area Community Health Needs Assessment is now completed. The Bennett and Albert County Health Care (BACH) Foundation Inc. is pleased to work in partnership with the Albert County Health and Wellness Centre and the broader community to address the ten priorities identified by the communities in the Albert County Area Community Health Needs Assessment. The ten priorities are:
1. The need to improve mental resiliency and coping skills among children & youth in the community
2. The need for Albert County Health & Wellness Centre outreach services in the community of Hillsborough
3. The need for improved access to mental health services.
4. An insufficient amount of safe, affordable housing options in the community
5. The need for improved supports in the community for young families that are struggling and experiencing difficulties
6. The need for improved collaboration between the municipalities in the area and between municipalities and health and wellness professionals in the community
7. Food insecurity in the community
8. The need for additional programs and services in the community to allow seniors to become more engaged, connected & mobile
9. The need to evaluate the current function of the Albert County Health & Wellness Centre and strategize on how to move forward with the original vision of the CHC model of care
10. Transportation issues in the community that impact health.