It all began in 1970 when Eric Smith, Ryan’s dad, bought a 203-acre property from Herb Ayer. It was an original grant deed from approximately 1850. Eric believes it was a piece of the original woodlot from the family farm, which had run all the way from Edgetts Landing to the Hopewell Rocks. The property had an existing sugar camp which ran for several years starting in 1950. Its remnants can still be seen about 100 feet past our tank shed. Back then, they used sleds pulled by horses for sap collection on well-beaten trails and hand-made bridges which crossed the numerous brooks on the rocky terrain.
|Connecting Albert County||