Spring is coming and that means summer is quick to follow. Isn’t that exciting!? It also means that ParticipACTION is launching its Canada-wide Community Better Challenge in the search for Canada’s more active community! Not only does the winning community get the honour of being crowned most active, but also it wins $100,000 for the community. In addition, there are prizes for the most active community in each province. Let’s show them what Albert County is made of!
- Download the ParticipACTION app or visit the website and create an account.
- Track all activity minutes from June 1-30. Minutes are assigned to communities based on your postal code.
- Not into technology? No worries! There will be drop off boxes and minute logs available at several locations throughout Albert County for you to track via paper and submit your minutes!
- Organizations, schools, sport groups, recreation centers, and workplaces can participate by tracking the group activities they organize like exercise classes, practices, events or even lunchtime walks.
- Every minute tracked goes towards your score. Everything from walking to cleaning the house to yard work, we want you to track it all! You can track multiple activities throughout the day.
- Users must be at least 17 years old to track their own minutes, but parents can track on behalf of children.
Stay tuned for exciting events that will be happening throughout the month of June in Albert County! What a great opportunity to work together AND get active!