|Connecting Albert County||
|Connecting Albert County||
Born in 1916, Molly Kool became the first licensed female Master Mariner (sea captain) on May 25, 1939. When asked of the significance of this event, she responded that it was the Great Depression, her father had a small vessel and she "needed a job".
On Friday July 10th we dropped by the Albert County Museum to see the 39th annual Quilt Show and Sale.
We were amazed at all the beautiful and colourful quilts that were on display from the 37 different participants all from the Moncton and surrounding areas. The show was a great success as people from as far as Saudi Arabia were purchasing the quilts, which the participants had spent hours on and making.
There was also a quilt raffle for the quilt on display with tickets being sold for $2 each or 3 tickets for $5. The quilt can be shipped anywhere in North America and the tickets will remain on sale until the draw date, which is October 15th, 2015.
It was great to see people stopping by to see the gorgeous homemade creations from local quilters, and to support the Albert County Museum!
Written by Jillian Shea, Albert County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador.
Planning for months and months in advance,
perusing past year’s programs, events and activities,
brainstorming for relevant, innovative ideas,
networking, imploring over-extended volunteers,
attempting to recruit new ones,
partnering and then
digging in for the 39th consecutive year
---That’s what went into the winter stages of planning the Alma Celebration Days summer activities this year.
Culture & Heritage
Connecting Albert County would like to thank the following supporters & advertisers:
- Bennett and Albert County Health Care (BACH) Foundation
- Albert County Pharmacy
- CR Yardworks & Equipment
- Hon. Rob Moore, MP for Fundy Royal
- CBDC Westmorland Albert
- Albert County Funeral Home
- Grass Roots Community Economic Development Cooperative
- Albert County Chamber of Commerce
- Crooked Creek Convenience
- East Coast Kids Child Care & Learning Centre
- Fireside Home Heating
- Foods of the Fundy Valley
- The Garden Guy (Micheal McBurnie)
- Hon. Mike Holland, Minister, MLA-Albert
- The Old Church Farmers' Market
- Village of Hillsborough
- Village of Riverside-Albert
- Broadleaf Ranch
- Chipoudy Communities Revitalization Committee (CCRC)
- Cape Enrage Fundy Log Cabin
- Falcon Ridge Inn B&B
- Friends of Fundy
- Fundy Highlands Motel and Chalets
- Fundy Mud Pottery
- Jeff MacDougall, SouthEastern Mutual Insurance
- Village of Alma
If you would like to support Connecting Albert County, visit our Advertising page or Donation page. With your support, we can continue to share the news of rural Albert County.
We welcome comments to our blog postings. Please provide your email address and name with your comment, and respect our content guidelines.