The moment you’ve all been waiting for has almost arrived! Join us across the region from August 6-14 for musical performances, author readings, #fundyfresh culinary experiences, outdoor activities, and much more.
Here’s the musical line-up for this year’s Rising Tide, Trails & Tunes Festival, plus a few other events.
And that’s not all! We’ve also got community activities each day of the festival, The list below highlights some of the events taking place from the 6th-14th, but make sure to follow the @RisingTide Facebook page to see even more events as soon as they are announced.
- 8am-10am Kiwanis Breakfast
- 8am-3pm Flea Market at the Hillsborough Kiwanis Ball Field
- 12pm-1:30 Village of Hillsborough BBQ, Kiwanis Community Ball Field with proceeds to the Hillsborough Basketball Project -Riverside Modelers remote aircraft flying at the flying field at the end of Steeves Street in the afternoon (weather dependent)
- Gateway Market - Grand Opening and music
- Artisan Village Open during the day
- Wetland Park Trail Tour with Explore Nature's Bounty
- William Henry Steeves House Museum and NB Railway Museums Open
August 6th ~ Riverside-Albert
- Painted Huas Art Cafe
- Fundy Fresh Food from Fundy Farms
August 8th ~ St. Martins
- Food Specials
- Art Activities
- Live Music
August 10th ~ Sussex
- Sussex Ale Works Beer, Meat & Fire
- Night Market
- Street Performers
- Hike and Bike with Outdoor Elements
August 12th ~ Hopewell Cape
- Children's Festival with arts & crafts, live performances, science activities & book readings
August 13th ~ Alma
- Book readings by Colleen Landry, Beth Wetherbee, Odette Bar & Jennifer McGrath
August 14th ~ Hopewell Cape
- Art at the Farm @ Fundy Farms with Vendors, food and Llama visits.
Workshops & Exhibitions:
Josephine Clarke workshop:
Saturday August 6 & Sunday August 7
From 1:00-4:00, we will be hosting West Arichat NS fiber artist Josephine Clarke for an exciting natural dyeing workshop at the School Street Gallery Space (13 School St, Alma). Open to textile-enthusiasts of all ages and experience levels, the weekend will introduce the principles of using earth pigments and each participant will make their own silk scarf to bring home. All materials are included. The fee is $50. Note, this is a two day workshop.
To register follow this link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/374375957567
Wednesday Night Craft Night at the School St Gallery Space in Alma (13 School Street) - FREE
Happening weekly, Wednesday evenings at 6pm, our craft nights are a chance for the community to come out and craft together! Bring your own craft or try some of the crafting materials we have on hand like sticker-making, crocheting and more.
Ellen's Tour Exhibition and Artist Talk
This summer, the School Street Gallery Space (13 School Street, Alma) will host its first traveling exhibition from AX Arts and Culture Center of Sussex. Ellen’s Tour, curated by Bonny Hill, celebrates the life of Ellen Watters, the 1 meter rule, and women in sport. The show features the work of Nat Cann, Gerry Collins, Bonny Hill, I-Chun Jenkins, Heather McCaig, ReBecca Paterson, Yulia Porkhun, and Julie Whitenect. The exhibition will be arriving in the last week of July, with a vernissage on July 30th at 6pm.
Seafaring Art Exhibition
From August 5th until September 5th, The Friends of Fundy will be hosting the exhibition Seafaring. Featuring works by eight emerging artists with connections to the Bay of Fundy, Seafaring frames the organization’s programming mission to explore the local environment and community’s relationship to climate, rurality and artistic practices. Drawing inspiration from the site’s storied past as the former home of North America’s first female sea captain, the exhibition will explore knowledge shared through creating, the cyclical nature of rural life, and gender representation in industry. Curated by Chloe Lundrigan. The vernissage will take place August 5th at 7pm in the Molly Kool Heritage Center. All are welcome to attend. Give us a follow on Facebook @fundyfriends and @RisingTide for details on upcoming events.
Follow us on Instagram and TikTok to see photos and videos from all of these exciting events @FriendsofFundy.